This page provides advice on Spear Phishing attacks and what an organisation can do to protect themselves from the threat.
Spear Phishing is a type of cyber-attack used by a range of adversaries to steal information or cause disruption to an organisation’s business. This CPNI guidance introduces how these attacks work, their success rate, whether you are likely to be targeted and the steps an organisation can take to manage the business risks.
Who is this aimed at?
The document is aimed at IT Security managers and employees looking to understand more around the threat from Spear Phishing and ways they can protect their organisation.
- How does Spear Phishing work?
- Online Reconnaissance
- Construction of Spear Phishing emails
- Spear Phishing via web browsers
- The business impact of Spear Phishing
- How to defend against Spear Phishing