Launch of the new CPNI website
We are delighted to introduce our new CPNI website. The new site provides easy access to all CPNI information and services designed to help your organisation manage security risks.
CPNI is the UK government’s National Technical Authority for physical and personnel protective security. Our advice & guidance helps to protect the UK from a range of national security threats such as terrorism and hostile state activities.
Take a look around the site
On our platform, you will find information to help you manage a wide range of security risks. We provide threat-informed, impartial advice & guidance. We offer the following services:
- Advice & guidance - we promote the adoption of good practise security measures across physical and personnel security. This includes working with senior leaders to understand security risks through to security practitioners implementing approved technology solutions.
- Physical security - our world leading physical security guidance is research backed and threat informed. Our guidance covers all aspects of physical security and applying the CPNI’s principles of Deter, Detect and Delay, Mitigate and Respond.
- Personnel security - our personnel security advice is aimed at managing your workforce and protecting your asset from hostiles and insiders. Our advice covers threats such as hostile reconnaissance and raising security awareness within your organisation using novel techniques.
- Security projects and initiatives - The modern world is complex, and organisations need to consider a wide range of risks that impact areas such as intellectual property and broader economic wellbeing. Our security projects guidance help organisations to think about these risks and ask the right questions when designing their security programme.
- Catalogue of security equipment - The Catalogue of Security Equipment (CSE) is available to help security practitioners to identify appropriate physical security equipment. The CSE provides a range of products that have been evaluated against specific CPNI security standards and the performance rating achieved.
- New blog & search function - The new CPNI blog provides thought leadership and insights for the protective security community. Additionally, we have improved the site search functionality to provide more accurate results when searching across the site.
We hope you find this website a useful resource. If you have any feedback, comments or suggestions please visit contact us.
Head of CPNI