This system has been assessed over a section of Anti-Intruder Weld Mesh Fence. One run of sensor cable was attached to the 15th strand from the top of the fence using 2 mm width black plastic cable ties every 100 mm to 150 mm.
The Anti-Intruder Weld Mesh Fence is built to BS 1722 Pt10 and is:
- a rolled welded mesh;
- apertures of 75 mm vertical x 25 mm horizontal and 3 mm strand thickness;
- height of the fence fabric is 2.4 m;
- topped with three strands of barbed wire;
- overall height of 2.9 m to the top strand of barbed wire; and
- each bay is 3 m in width and buried 300 mm into the ground.