Line Managers Campaign
Do line managers in your organisation consider encouraging good security practice in their team to be part of their job? What about informing their team about security matters, or keeping them updated on the organisation’s security policy? Whose responsibility is that? What should line managers be doing?
CPNI has developed some practical advice to help managers recognise the important role they play in developing a good security culture. Further details on this are provided below.
This campaign will help line managers to think about the kind of security behaviours they should expect from the people they manage, to help protect them and the organisation from security threats and risks. It also provides suggestions on how to develop a culture within a team where team members take responsibility for security, know what the correct security procedures are, and work together to keep organisational assets safe and secure.
The ‘Line Manager’ campaign aims to encourage line managers to do five key things:
- Understand the security threats and risks to their teams
- Know how their team needs to behave to keep themselves and the organisation secure
- Gauge current levels of awareness and security knowledge
- Top up employee knowledge with the latest security policy updates
- Keep a security-conscious culture alive
The campaign kit consists of the following materials:
- Guidance for line managers: ‘Managers: Are you managing securely?’
- PowerPoint presentation template that line managers can edit and use with their teams: ‘Your role in keeping our organisation safe and secure’
- Line Manager Checklist
- Video for line managers: ‘Security: it starts with you’
- Materials for line managers to use with their teams: Post-It-style notes
- Guidance: ‘Has it worked? An evaluation guide for an internal security behaviour campaign’
For further information on the materials, to share feedback, or for editable versions (as InDesign files) please email [email protected].
Line Manager Campaign