CPNI collects certain information or data about individuals where they interact with CPNI in order to access various services that may be provided to them and/or to an organisation they are part of. Services may be provided via the CPNI website (the ‘Online Services’).
This privacy notice applies to individuals where they use the Online Services.
This privacy notice applies in addition to other CPNI privacy notices as relevant.
Before installation of this App, please indicate your consent to our processing of your personal data (including your name, contact details and device information).
YES I consent to the installation of the App for the purposes of receiving information and security advice from CPNI.
NO I do not consent to the installation of the App.
How you can withdraw consent
Once you provide consent by selecting "YES", you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by deleting the App. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
- The Think Before You Link V1 mobile application software (App) hosted on the Apple App Store and the Google Playstore (App Sites), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- Any of the services accessible through the App that are available on the App Sites or other sites of ours. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
What CPNI collects
The types of data that CPNI may collect where you use the Online Services includes:
- name and contact details for individuals
- organisation details e.g. details of the organisation that individuals work for and their role within that organization
- logs of use of the Online Services, which may directly or indirectly contain information relating to you
- any information or material that may be made available to us through accessing of the Online Services
CPNI uses and processes this data to enable it to carry out its statutory function, and in particular including but not limited to the following purposes:
- administration and provision of the Online Services
- responding to queries or requests
- monitoring the use of and further development of the Online Services
- exercising our statutory functions
Lawful basis for processing
CPNI’s lawful basis for processing personal data that is collected when individuals use the Online Services is that, such processing is necessary for the exercise of its functions as a government department and/or for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by CPNI.
How long does CPNI keep your personal data?
CPNI only retains personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this document and for as long as the law requires.
What rights do individuals have?
For further information on rights that individuals have over their personal data, please refer to the CPNI Privacy Notice.
Keeping data secure and disclosing information
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and CPNI cannot guarantee the security of an individual’s data. Any data an individual transmits to CPNI is sent at their own risk.
CPNI does however have procedures and security features in place to keep data secure once we receive it.
Where CPNI uses third parties to process personal data it has arrangements in place to make sure that any such third parties keep personal data secure and only process it in accordance with its instructions.
CPNI works with various government departments, law enforcement bodies, and other organisations and may share personal data with these bodies where doing so complies with the law and is necessary and proportionate for the proper discharge of our statutory functions.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice at any time. If it does, the ‘last updated’ date at the bottom of this page will also change. Where appropriate, you may be notified of the same when you next start the App or log onto one of the Services. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue to use the App or the Services.