Digital technologies and communications are playing an increasingly significant role in how we gather, process, share and store data and information.
Information is a critical resource for any enterprise and is the basis for decisions. Good decisions are what drives an enterprise forward and ensures its success.
The ability to manage and share the good quality information plays an important role in:
- Improving the effectiveness of service provision and delivery;
- Improving the quality of decision-making and problem solving;
- Supporting collaborative working.
However, if information is lost, misused, modified or accessed by an unauthorised party, it can:
- Adversely affect the privacy, welfare or safety of an individual or individuals;
- Compromise the intellectual property or trade secrets of an organisation;
- Cause commercial or economic harm to an organisation or country; or
- Jeopardise the security, internal and foreign affairs of the UK.
This page provides further information on Security-Minded information management measures to help address these risks.
Please see further information on adopting a Security-Minded approach to Open and Shared Data