Ongoing Personnel Security
While pre-employment screening helps ensure that an organisation recruits trustworthy individuals, people and their circumstances and attitudes change, either gradually or in response to events.
CPNI’s Insider data collection study identified :
- Over 75% of the insider acts were carried out by staff who had no malicious intent when joining the organisation, but whose loyalties changed after recruitment
- In many circumstances the employee undertaking the insider act had been in their organisation for some years prior to undertaking the activity and exploited their access opportunistically
CPNI’s collection of ongoing personnel security guidance and tools can be used to help an organisation develop and plan effective practices for countering the insider threat and maintaining a motivated, engaged and productive workforce.
The application of good ongoing personnel security principles adds huge value to physical and technical security measures in a cost effective manner, promoting good leadership and management and maximising people as part of the security solution.
The pages below will take you to further information.
- Insider data collection study – report of main findings
- Ongoing Personnel Security - briefing sheet
- Ongoing personnel security - Infographic
- Ongoing Personnel Security - A Good Practice Guide Edition 3
- Personnel Security in Remote Working – A Good Practice Guide
- Personnel Security in Remote Working - Briefing Sheet
- Personnel Security in Offshore Centres - Briefing Sheet
- Personnel Security in Offshore Centres - Guidance
- Personnel Security – Are You Thinking About It?